- Gatehouse: Gated with manned security
- Clubhouse: The Mountain Lodge at The Preserve at Little Pine will sit atop Grassland Mountain at 4200 feet. This lodge recalls classic American lodges of the early 1900s. Opening fall 2008.
- Equestrian: Features a staffed equestrian facility and a network of trails. Novices can take lessons from trained staff. Opening fall 2008.
- Fitness: State of the art wellness center adjoining lodge opening fall 2008
- Recreation: Wine-tastings, BBQs and bluegrass music at the community’s W.C. Ward Pavilion. Mountain biking, horseback riding, fly fishing and a community garden are also available within the community. Nearby, the local Hot Springs Artisans Market is a weekly event and there are whitewater rafting and fishing outfitters, music festivals, canoeing, hunting, swimming, and tennis in Madison County.
- Owners Country Store: Fully stocked, self service country store, inside the gates to offer residents basic supplies on the "honor system."
- Astronomy Center: Adjoining the lodge will be a celestial observation facility with a state of the art telescope and warming hut. Opening fall 2008
- Hiking: Within the community, regional biologists guide nature walks through the old growth forest and 4,000 feet high mountain meadows
- Picnics & Camping: Various picnic and camping areas dot the perimeter of the community
- Location: Convenient to the historic Appalachian towns of Asheville and Hot Springs, Little Pine is an hour’s drive from both Knoxville, Tennessee and Charlotte, North Carolina and 3 ½ hours north of Atlanta, Georgia
- Lots: Homesites vary according to their neighborhood with Creekside Cottages sited on smaller, 1-2 acre lots and Grassland Meadows sited on estate size lots. Some offer mountain views for as far as 60 miles
- Homes: The community has a property owners association, and a full architectural design committee to review and approve all home plans for the homesites
Community density: Approx. 150 units
Lot sizes from: 1 - 3 acres (some offering over 60 mile views, and due to conservation easements, you may own a 2 acre site surrounded by 3 to 5 acres of conservation)
Lot prices from: Mid $100K’s - $1M+
House prices start at: High $400K’s - $1M+
Min sq ft: None
Max sq ft: None
Building time frame: None
Resale restrictions: You can list with whomever you want, but there are some signage restrictions
Elevation: 4,000 – 4,400 feet
- Roads & utilities: Some completed
- Amenities: Under construction
- Homes: Existing homes, active building
|DRIVING TIMES - (All times are approximations)
||Back to Top
Marshall, NC: 11 miles (39 min)
Mars Hill, NC: 19 miles (46 min)
Asheville, NC: 30 miles (1 hr 2 min)
Greenville, SC: 91 miles (2 hr 18 min)
Charlotte, NC: 160 miles (3 hrs 13 min)
Atlanta, GA: 226 miles (4 hrs 39 min)
Asheville Regional: 44 miles (1 hr 20 min)
Greenville Spartanburg: 106 miles (2 hrs 27 min)
Mission Memorial Hospital, Asheville, NC: 32 miles (1 hr 8 min)
Avg Jan temp: 40 degrees
Avg June temp: upper 70’s
Avg snowfall: 20 to 30 inches
Hot Springs Info
Grove Park Inn
Blue Ridge Parkway
ABOUT LOCAL CITIES/TOWNS
Click the Sat or Hybrid buttons below to change the look of the map.
The above information is subject to change without notice.